The project includes:
- Removing the dying ash tree and adding landscape plantings and a small ornamental tree
- Removing the leaning and bowed section of the wall and rebuilding it in line with the side sections of the wall
- Widening the entrance openings by 6″ to allow two persons to enter side by side
- Using bricks salvaged from the demolition so that at least the side of the new wall facing the public street matches the rest of the wall
- Sloping the sidewalk from the landing at the foot of the sanctuary steps gradually downward to reduce from four to two steps at the southern entrance from the public sidewalk
- Eliminating the steps on the northern entrance at the public sidewalk to provide a handicap-accessible ramp
- Adding sidewalk lighting for safety.
- Establishing a more identifiable and welcoming public pedestrian entrance to Westminster Presbyterian Church!