All are welcome to join in song and share carols with those in our congregation in need of Christmas cheer. Gather in the Fellowship Hall to get directions and song sheets. We will head out in cars to various locations and end up at Jackie Brownfield’s house for one last caroling stop and refreshments. If you have questions please email Megan.
Thank you to all who have responded to our Stewardship Appeal for 2017! However, as of today, we remain short of our goal and we have yet to hear from about 30 church members. We ask for your prayerful consideration and reply before December 18th when we will be making budget decisions that will affect our church program for the coming year. In gratitude – your Westminster Stewardship Committee
The following is a summary of the actions Session took at its Stated Meeting on November 13:
- Received 11 new congregation members
- Adopted the Youth Initiative Committee’s recommendation to apply the $100,000 set aside during the 75th Anniversary Capital Campaign toward three projects:
- Improve the physical spaces where youth meet;
- Create an outdoor multi-use recreation space;
- Set up a Youth Activities Fund for support of youth programming
- Approved $18,400 for three Mission Endowment Fund grants
- Elected Reuben Cowles and Sherry Lake as co-chairs of the Nominating Committee
- Approved changes to the Annual Congregational Meeting, dividing its business into two separate meetings in 2017
- Heard a report from the Administration Division on building maintenance and other needs for the Westminster Child Care Center
Winston Barham, Acting Recording Clerk
|Westminster Pledge/Plate information as of: 11/30/2016
2016 Annual Budget Year to Date % of Budgeted
|At the same time last year:
2015 Annual Budget Year to Date % of Budgeted
|Hunger Offering $726.85|
Sunday, December 11—Lessons & Carols, 5:00 p.m.
Come and enjoy a traditional service of Lessons and Carols led by the Choristers and Singers choirs. Readings and carols retell the story of Christ’s birth, with candlelit singing of Silent Night. Following the service gather for a potluck meal and carol singing in the Fellowship Hall.
Sunday, December 18—Caroling, 3:00 p.m.
All are welcome to join in song and share carols with those in our congregation in need of Christmas cheer. Gather in the Fellowship Hall to get directions and song sheets. We will head out in cars to various locations and end up at Jackie Brownfield’s house for one last caroling stop and refreshments.
Saturday, December 24—Christmas Eve Worship Service, 5:00 p.m.
This child friendly service includes a pick-up Christmas pageant and candlelight. Arrive at 4:45 and gather in the Fellowship Hall to find costumes if you want to participate in the pageant. Young and old will enjoy this lively retelling of the Christmas story.
Saturday, December 24—Christmas Eve Worship Service, 8:30 p.m.
8:00 p.m. Organ prelude
8:30 p.m. Share the joy of the season in a communion service with carols and candlelight on this holiest of nights.
Sunday, December 25—Christmas Day Worship, 11:00 a.m.
Gather to celebrate the birth of Christ. Come hear the story and sing carols in morning worship.
Christmas Eve Choir
Join in the fun of being in the choir for Christmas Eve. Adults and youth grade 5 and up are invited to participate in a special choir that sings at the 5:00 p.m. service on December 24. Rehearsals are Sunday, December 18 12:15-1:15 p.m. and Thursday, December 22 6:00-7:00 p.m. in the Choir Room. On the 24th we will gather at 4:00 p.m. before the 5:00 service.