Advent is the sacred season of waiting for the coming of the Christ-child. Grateful for the gift of gathering, we will mark the season’s hopeful and joyous anticipation with candlelight and carols.
Check the eNews each week for events throughout the Advent season. We hope you’ll join us!
Sunday, November 27
- First Sunday of Advent, worship services at 8:30 and 11 a.m.
- Advent Intergenerational Workshop at 9:30 a.m.: Join with folks of all ages in the Fellowship Hall in a time of wreath-making, crafting and card-writing. Warm cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate will be served.
Sunday, December 4
- Second Sunday of Advent, worship services with Communion at 8:30 and 11 a.m.: Special Music Offering of early American carols for Advent by the choir with instruments.
Sunday, December 11
- Third Sunday of Advent, worship service at 11 a.m.
- Lessons and Carols at 5 p.m.: Enjoy a traditional service of Lessons and Carols led by the Singers and Adult Choir. Readings and carols retell the story of Christ’s birth, with candlelit singing of Silent Night. After the service, stay for a potluck supper and caroling in the fellowship hall.
Sunday, December 18
- Fourth Sunday of Advent, worship service at 11 a.m.
- Caroling at 3 p.m.: All are welcome to join in song and share carols with those in our congregation in need of Christmas cheer. Gather in the Fellowship Hall to get directions and song sheets.
Wednesday, December 21
- Longest Night Service at 6 p.m.: Known also as “Blue Christmas,” a Longest Night gathering is a sacred space to mourn the losses and griefs of the year, as we acknowledge the hurting places in our community, our own lives, and in the world.This service will include Taizé songs, Scripture, poetry, prayer, and candle lighting. This service will not be live-streamed. This service will include Taizé songs, Scripture, poetry, prayer, and candle lighting. This service will not be live-streamed.
Saturday, December 24
- Christmas Eve, worship service at 5 p.m.: This casual child-friendly service includes a pickup pageant, a reading of the Christmas story, an intergenerational choir, and songs of the season. This service will not be live-streamed.
- Christmas Eve, worship service at 8:30 p.m.
- 8 p.m. Organ prelude
- 8:30 p.m. Share the joy of the season in a communion service with carols and candlelight on this holiest of nights.
Sunday, December 25
- Christmas Day, worship service at 11 a.m., this service will not be live-streamed.
Sunday, January 1
- First Sunday of Christmas, worship service at 11 a.m.
Poinsettia Dedication: We will decorate the sanctuary with poinsettias. If you would like to purchase one, they are $20, in support of the flower fund. The dedication information (by whom and in memory or in honor of whom) should be emailed to Ashley at . Steve Brown will collect the payments via plate offering or mail. Please put “Poinsettia Dedication” in the memo line of the check. Dedications will be listed in the bulletin for the Christmas Eve services. Poinsettias will be available for pickup by their donors on Christmas Eve. The deadline for dedication submission is December 12.